What is the foundation called Polish Prestige Hotels?
It’s a marketing programme established in 1997 and integrating hotel objects distinguished by high standard, impeccable quality of service as well Polish, regional identity.
Idea of the programu
The programme is supposed to create a serious alternative for the larger and larger presence of foreign hotel branches on the Polish market. We want to show that our domestic hoteliers can provide you with a truly satisfying quality of service. The hotels which we cooperate with look bravely into the future, never forgetting their regional and cultural legacy.
At present, the Group includes objects of various ambience, accommodation base and location, all of them providing a high level of professional service, though. If you perceive your Hotel as a unique one, having a good infrastructure and satisfying standard, you are most welcome to join our association.
How was our Programme born in the first place? Well, we wanted to create a serious alternative for the larger and larger share of foreign hotel chains in the Polish market, which had a negative impact on the identity of our domestic hotels. In 1997, on the initiative of the Jan III Sobieski Hotel, 9 hotels (founders of the programme) signed the Framework Cooperation Treaty, being sort of a constitution for the programme and giving a start to the marketing programme called Polish Prestige Hotels.
The Programme Members put all their efforts into creating a new brand (Polish Prestige Hotels) and consequently promoting it on both the external and internal tourist market.
Connection with Heritage Hotels Poland
PPH and Heritage Hotels Poland become one In 2017, quite a milestone in the history of the Polish Prestige Hotels took place. It has been namely united with the Heritage Hotels Foundation. The treaty was signed on 27 March, during the Convention of Historical Hotels Foundation in Mierzęcin, Poland. Three days later, a resolution was adopted about joining the forces and representing hotels belonging to both groups together.
- Talks about the integration of both foundations started in mid 2016. “It soon turned out that the goals we strived for and wanted to achieve were actually the same for both of us. Therefore, joining the Polish Prestige Hotels and Heritage Hotels was such a smooth process, requiring no real revolutions in the functioning of the Foundations.’ – says Krzysztof Jędrocha, Chairman of the PPH.
- Since the very beginning, we've seen this decision as extremely profitable – in the marketing and economical scope alike – for both of the parties, therefore, the fusionhas become our priority” – adds Jerzy Donimirski – President of the Management Board of the Heritage Hotels Foundation.
After the fusion, one of our priorities became promoting these nine values:
- Hospitality with passion
- Respect for tradition, historical and cultural legacy
- Uniqueness of every object and its history
- Savoir-vivre at the table
- Seasonal, natural cuisine
- Healthy life style in harmony with nature
- Promoting culture and art
- Development of local communities, especially children and teenagers
- Reliability in business and relations with the employees
- Respect for animals, and environment protection
At present, the Polish Prestige Hotels Foundation is a marketing programme. Its basic element until 2006 was a discount programme activating discounts on the basic room rates in the hotels belonging to PPH and a simple procedure rewarding those Guests who chose the PPH offer (in order to get a discount, all the Guest had to do was submitting their name card from the previous PPH stay when checking-in at a new one).
A Polish Prestige Hotels is still a form of co-promotion for winning new Guests and boosting the sales. However, now the programme is addressed primarily at business Guests. Our former motto was „We take care of your Prestige for a Good Price”. Now it’s „Feel the Prestige of the Place”.
Goals of the Polish Prestige Hotels Foundation
- Supporting the development of hotels and restaurants, the activity of which corresponds with the Polish identity and cultural legacy of the region
- Cultivating historical traditions in the hotel and gastronomy branch
- Promoting and supporting activities which are aimed at creating and showing the Old Polish hospitality and customs in the scope of hotel and gastronomy branch
- Cultivating the regional customs and cultural output, including support and participation in creating cultural events
- Promoting the right examples in the scope of hotel and gastronomy branch
- Creating new examples and models in the scope of hotel and gastronomy industry, including those having impact on the local communities
- Supporting and participating in charity events
- Supporting and promoting the Polish hotels both in the country and abroad
- Supporting and promoting the Polish gastronomy both in the country and abroad
- Promoting the knowledge of the hotel industry
- Promoting the knowledge of the gastronomy industry
- Supporting training centres, educational centres and other centres connected with the hotel and gastronomy branch
- Supporting professional education, especially in the scope of diverse models of the hotel and gastronomy development
- Protecting the professional and economic interests
- Participation in promoting professional publications in the scope of hotel and gastronomy branch
- Connecting and supporting local initiatives in the scope of promoting hotel and gastronomy traditions of the region
These goals are being fulfilled through the promotion
- marketing programme called Polish Prestige Hotels, destined for the Polish hotels and centres cultivating regional traditions
- Publishing official guides about the Polish Prestige Hotels
- Organising and supporting (with financial, material and non-material assets) activities answering the goals of the Foundation
- Running informational and educational activity in the scope answering the goals of the Foundation
- Cooperating with proper national, municipal authorities as well as economic and research institutions
- Promoting the goals of the Foundation in the mass media
- Promoting and advertising for the goals of the Foundation
- Turning to national and council administration units with the initiative about the legal regulations and other regulations connected with the activity of the Foundation
- Recommending hotels and restaurants
- Recommending schools, training centres, educational centres etc.
- Organising fairs, conferences, exhibitions, etc.
- Promoting professional publications
- Conducting trainings, especially in the scope of hotel, gastronomy and tourism branch
- Cooperating with domestic and foreign organisations according to the Foundation goals
- Actively participating in national and international conventions, conferences, exhibitions, etc.
- Conducting business activity according to the current laws and regulations
Apart from the activities initiated by themselves, the Foundation members also cooperate with other institutions, organisations and persons whose goals correspond with their charter. Such a cooperation may be of an organisational, partial or total financing nature in reference to a certain initiative or be a help in achieving necessary funds from other sources.